myCARES REST Web Service
Please start with our XML Upload Information page for important notes related to uploading data.
If you are already submitting files to myCARES and do not wish to use the SOAP web service, you can use the process that is already in place. If the XML sent is well-formed and validates against the NEMSIS 3.3.4 XSD, then there should not be much of a change. There are a few things to note:
- When a file is submitted, there is response text available that provides a GUID to access the validation results. This can be used to search for particular records in the File Upload Validation Report using the Filename filter.
- As of 7/20/2016, files submitted using the REST web service can now be validated against either the 3.3.4 or 3.4.0 NEMSIS XSD. The vendor must pass a parameter with name "xsdversion" and a value of EITHER "3.3.4" or "3.4.0". The file will be validated against the 3.3.4 XSD if no parameter is passed.
- Records that already exist in the database are not overwritten. The first submission, if successful, is the only one saved. Existing records are determined by three pieces of information in each PatientCareReport: agencyid (custom element AgencyId), Incident Number (eResponse.03) and Date of Arrest (custom element servicedate) values. The file/XML will still go through the validation process and will be rejected in the final steps of saving the record if the call already exists.
- XSD failures and schematron results are available in the File Upload Validation Report, accessed via account login at mycares.net.
Please use the following documents for upload setup, if needed. The documents explain a way to send files, but vendors may implement file submission however they choose.
- Field Changes/Transition to NEMSIS 3.4.0
- Setting up the Extraction Process
- Link to Generic Upload Utility
- Current myCARES Schematron rules
- Current myCARES Schematron
Test data sent to the Beta server should not contain any PHI.