Important notes to all vendor IT developers/programmers:
Due to the time and effort required to initiate and maintain extraction on behalf of the EMS agency, ePCR vendor, and CARES, an agency must meet the minimum requirement of at least 10 CARES-qualifying cases per month for upload. If your agency is approved to move forward with the upload process and you are an existing registry participant, the current method of desktop data entry must be continued until electronic upload to the CARES production site is activated. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your CARES liaison.
myCARES Web Services
myCARES now accepts both REST and SOAP requests. Our REST web service is the traditional method vendors have been using for some time. Now, we have added a SOAP web service that allows vendors to use the same functionality they have developed for NEMSIS compliant data submission. See the NEMSIS website for more information about SOAP submissions and NEMSIS.
Agency Identification Process:
When a file passes validation and enters the final review before posting to the database, myCARES will cross-check the file for two levels of agency identification accuracy:
- An AgencyID in the eCustomConfiguration.AgencyID XML field that matches the database AgencyID and
- dAgency.01 and dAgency.02 values from the XML file matching these respective values entered in the database, along with dAgency.04.
Should there be any changes to the dAgency.01 or dAgency.02 values for an agency at any time, please notify Monica Rajdev (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately so that myCARES may be updated. If the AgencyID and dAgency value combinations of an individual Patient Care Report do not match the values entered into myCARES, that incident will not upload to the database.
Please start with our UPLOAD INFORMATION page for important notes related to uploading data.
- CARES Instructions for vendors on XML Setup & Upload
- CARES Required Elements
- CARES Required and Optional Elements
- XML Data Dictionary (FINAL)
- 3.3.4 XML Sample
- 3.4.0 XML Sample
- 3.4.0 XML Sample - Send multiple agencies' data in one file
- Logic for ePCR Vendors
- Change Log
- REST Web Service
- SOAP Web Service
- Current myCARES Schematron rules
- Current myCARES Schematron
- Field Changes/Transition to NEMSIS 3.4.0